This magazine is currently maintained by the Young-Adult Librarian of the Porter Ranch Branch Library, one of the branches of the Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) system. The contents of the magazine are created by teens and young-adults who use this branch. The magazine's name is taken from the library's address: 11371 Tampa Ave.
Thank you for visiting our online magazine.
If you're interested in contributing to our 3rd Issue, this is what we're looking for:
* Book and Music Reviews: Recommend or comment on a book you’ve read or music album you've listened to recently. Books and Music Albums reviewed do not have to be about Porter Ranch.
* A short history of Porter Ranch.
* Personal Essays where Porter Ranch is part of the narrative.
* Artists: We’d love to showcase your art: abstract, realistic, collage, or any style. Send a digital photo of your work. Size: no larger than 1000 x 1000 pixels; under 2MB.
* School news: sports, new rules, etc.
* Short-story writers and poets: show us what you can do with language.
* iPhone and Android photographers: send us thoughtful photos of your world, your surroundings, the city of L.A., or Porter Ranch. Include a caption, a story, or anything you can tell us about your photograph. Limit 5 photographs. Resize your photographs within 1000 x 1000 pixels.
* Humor pieces: Are you a future stand-up comedian? Can you make us laugh? Do you have an original comic strip? We'd like to see it.
Except for poetry, please limit the word-count for articles within 150 – 1000 words. Send articles as a WORD-docx format. Include this in your submission: First & Last Name, Age & Grade Level. You don't have to include school information. Then, email your contribution(s) to: email@example.com. In your email, put this on the subject box: 11371 submission.
Your submissions are reviewed, and may be edited. And be advised that we make the final decisions on what to include for each issue. Contributors may receive a gift.
Please send your work on or before the 30th of March 2019.